Thursday, June 9, 2011

Philly Heat-wave Part Deux

Experiencing pure ecstasy, Reese Cup is laying next to me getting the lovin of a lifetime! Not only are all of her favorite spots being activated, she is in front of a fan. She is being cooled down as she is being warmed up. AAAAAAND she just fell on the floor..Silly Bitch. Now she is eating her feelings. 
In other Reese news, I went to Petsmart on Tuesday. My purchases were mostly bunny related but I got her some anti hair-ball gel stuff. (Steph said I was allowed) It is chicken flavor apparently, though no chicken I have ever had smells like that...ick. She seems to like it though. I let her lick it straight from the tube and I squirt out little bits at a time. So far she hasn't had any hair-balls!  Hopefully that was money well spent. 
Well look who has joined the party, SALLY! In her fashion she of course walked across my computer. Dearest Sally, I love you but it is too hot for you to be physically touching me. Ugh...She has jammed herself in between my leg, a small couch pillow, and the couch cushion. How are you getting any air down there weirdo? 
It's too hot for this!! 
I haven't seen Baby Chan in a minute. My guess would be she is in the studio laying on my long clear plastic box trying to stay cool. 


Today is technically day 2 of this Philly's second heat-wave. Yesterday it was about 90. It felt like it outside but it was cool inside for whatever reason. Today is a different story. It is hot, stuffy, and uncomfortable even with 3 fans on. I think I am going to attempt to put in the AC window unit myself. People are scaring me saying, 'you are doing that YOURSELF?' or 'you don't have a MAN you can call?' Um, NO. I don't actually, thanks though. I am an INDEPENDENT woman goddamn-it!! Can it really be that hard? Remove from box, place in open window, make sure it's level, install insulation, plug in, turn on.... Anyway, back to the cats....hehehe...


I put some ice cubes in the cat's water. Instead of loving it like my cat does, they are afraid of them. Love these cats but they are truly not the brightest creatures. I am going to make chicken salad for dinner so they will also get a little bit of chicken tonight. As soon as I even THINK about cooking I am guaranteed at least 2 cats (usually Sally and Baby Chan) are up on the bar stools in my way when I am doing things....


In bunny news: 
Poor guy is hot!!! His hair is blowing in the fan wind. He looks like a super model. I was unable to find an IcePod for him so I went to Home Depot and got 2 ceramic tiles and put them in the freezer. In this heat they don't stay cool for very long but its definitely a welcome break.
Bunny bath on the cool tile
I think he liked it. Sorry for the poor quality cell phone images today! The cats also got a clean litter box yesterday while Mr. Grumblez got a clean house! Needless to say, I am sure all of the animals were happy. Despite the heat, Mr. Grumblez has been very affectionate today. I was able to brush him a little yesterday so hopefully that took care of a tiny bit of the hotness. 


I guess that is it for today!  

No comments:

Post a Comment