Thursday, September 22, 2011

Fall

Hi

I got back to Philadelphia yesterday after being home for a week. There was much to do there. Long story short, I was helping clean and pack a little to get my parents moved out of their house after some serious flooding post Hurricane Irene. I am sad to see them leave it, as it is my childhood home, and we are the only people to own it since it was finished in 1949. *sigh*

I knew I was going to be away for awhile so i took Mr. Grumblez with me. As much as he is not the biggest fan of the car he knows he gets super spoiled when he is there. He gets out a lot and hangs out on the back porch and gets brushed and gets lots of carrots and raisins. He doesn't like that he can't hippity hop around like he does here but he gets out enough regardless.
Bunny Bath on the Back Porch
Bunny Sphinx

Sally of course has been all up in my business. She charged me at the door with my hands full and nearly escaped. Because I had a lot of stuff to bring in I had to put her in the bathroom so she wouldn't run out.

Shut up
After driving back and bringing boxes in the house I was pretty tired (not to mention I had been up since about 7ish) and even though I tried to fight it I ended up laying down for a nap. Of course, my door was closed. On the other side Sally was screaming in the hallway and digging at the bottom of the door, which I'm sure you would know is NOT conducive to nippity nap time. So, I being the kind, warm-hearted, generous soul that I am, decided that I would allow Sally to lay down with me. She was absolutely as happy as she could be. She was purring SO loudly and kept rubbing up on me and nudging me most aggressively. I'm not going to lie, it was cute. It was still hard to fall asleep, as her purring was freaking out of control. Eventually though, we both fell asleep, she was in between my arms which were in an awkward 'C' shape around her. Our nap didn't last long (which was for the best) because I kept getting texts and such, then my 'roommate' called because she was home and went to get dinner at a pizza place a block away. She was nice enough to feed Sally for me while I was gone.

 I am super excited that fall is here. I WISH I could open the windows and leave the backdoor open but I can't seeing as though the windows don't have screens and as soon as the backdoor is open Sally is trying everything she can do to get out. GRRR. 


Red Ikea Chair


No comments:

Post a Comment